2022 Fall Calendar
●For one person (either adult or child, inclusive of tax)
|Otsu - Keage||¥8,000||¥6,000||¥5,000|
|Otsu -> Yamashina||¥3,500||¥2,500||¥2,000|
|Yamashina -> Keage||¥4,500||¥3,500||¥3,000|
* Children 2 years of age and under can board for free if sitting on their parent/guardian's lap. Children will not be included in the passenger count in this case.
* Prices are the same for downstream and upstream services.
* The fee will be calculated as the fee multiplied by full passenger capacity. Even if the passenger count is below capacity, you will be charged for full capacity.
* There will be an extra charge for boat charter fare option A.
【Date of Use (=boarding date)】
|Date of Use (=boarding date)||46 to 60 days prior to Date of Use||10% of the charter fee (for 1-day charter arrangement only)|
|22 to 45 days prior to Date of Use||10% of the charter fee (for 1-service charter arrangement only)|
|11 to 21 days prior to Date of Use||10% of the Boarding Fee|
|8 to 10 days prior to Date of Use||20% of the Boarding Fee (charter fee)|
|2 to 7 days prior to Date of Use||30% of the Boarding Fee (charter fee)|
|One day before Date of Use||50% of the Boarding Fee (charter fee)|
|On the day of Date of Use||100% of the Boarding Fee (charter fee)|
* The above are cancellation fees per person, except in the case of charter arrangements.
* In cases other than charter arrangements, a cancellation fee will not be incurred up until 22 days prior to the Date of Use (boarding date).
* In the event that bad weather affects the safety of the cruise, the service will be cancelled. Passengers will receive a full refund in such cases.
Downstream service6 services per day. / Duration: 100 minutes (Boarding time: 55 minutes). Maximum of 12 passengers.
Upstream service5 services per day. / Duration: 80 minutes (Boarding time: 35 minutes). Maximum of 9 passengers.
* Boarding/disembarking at Yamashina is available for only 3 downbound trips. Please note that the duration and boarding time will be shorter than that of the regular through-route trip.
* If you miss the meeting time, you will not be able to board. In such a case, your reserved trip, date, and time will not be rescheduled, and the fee will not be refunded.
* The schedule is tentative and subject to change.
Overview of the Boats of The Lake Biwa Canal Cruise
- THE MEIJI
- THE HEISEI
- THE REIWA
|Length overall||7.50m||Maximum capacity||14 persons
(2 operators and 12 passengers)
|Depth||0.75m||Main engine||Outboard motor: 1 motor, 60PS×PRM|
|Draft (planned/full load)||0.30m||Service speed||about knot 10|
|Gross Tonnage||2.2t～2.4t||Navigation area||JCI (Japan Craft Inspection Organization) smooth water area|
* You cannot specify which boat to board.
* The seat size is width 460mm and depth 420mm. If you exceed the seat size, you may not be able to board the boat for safety reasons.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wearing a mask is required, please be prepared in advance.
- We will check your health condition and body temperature at the service counter.
- Passengers with a high fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius may not be allowed on board. In such cases, the fare will be fully refunded.
- Please use the hand sanitizer which is prepared at the waiting area before embarking on the boat.
- Our staff will clean and sanitize all areas including the boats and waiting areas periodically.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and face shields at all times when offering services.
The Lake Biwa Canal Cruise is renting facilities from the existing waterworks and therefore operates under strict conditions.
For your safety, please be sure to read the following before boarding.
- You will be asked to wear a life jacket, which will be available on the boat, for the duration of your boat ride.
- Please prepare your own raincoat, poncho etc., in case of rainy weather. (The boat is equipped with a roof, but rain may still come in from the front and gaps in the roof. Please also note that the use of umbrellas on the boat is prohibited for safety reasons.)
- As the temperature in the tunnel on the route is lower (about 5˚C or 9˚F lower) than at ground level, we recommend that you prepare for cold temperatures depending on the weather.
- Please note that you are prohibited to eat or drink outside of the designated area on the dock.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking are not permitted.
- Large luggage such as suitcases are not allowed on board. We are also unable to store your luggage.
- If you miss the meeting time, you will not be able to board. In such a case, your reserved trip, date, and time will not be rescheduled, and the fee will not be refunded.
- In case of inclement weather, the ride may be canceled. We will post a confirmation of the service status on our website.
- Pets are not allowed on board. We are also unable to look after your pets.
- In the event that a passenger is deemed likely to cause inconvenience to other passengers or interfere with the normal operation of the ship, such as by being intoxicated, the passenger may be refused boarding.
Please be aware that no refunds will be given in such cases.
- The boarding area utilizes facilities which were installed during the Meiji period, and there are some steps and narrow passages, etc.
For safety reasons, please submit a reservation request only if you and each of the members in your group are able to embark and disembark the boat on your own and have no difficulties boarding the boat.